Greensbury Organic Meat – One-Pan Skirt Steak Recipe
Written and Photos by Jessica Lewandowski
I’m am feeling this season of cooking. The temperatures are dropping, and all my tummy wants is warm, stewed pots of deliciousness. Even if everything I eat is getting cooked down into one-pan meals, I still expect big flavors! Greensbury sent me some beautiful cuts of beef and fish to get me through the season: Organic Grass-Fed Skirt Steak and Wild Sockeye Salmon Fillets. Every item from Greensbury is produced from local farms that have been hand-selected by the brand.
My steak and salmon were both vibrant and spectacularly fresh-looking. However, that skirt steak caught my eye right away, and I had to get the cuts marinating for a comforting dinner. Below is a recipe for my Masala Skirt Steak. It’s simple to prepare, and it takes minutes to cook. I left my ingredient list short because I think a beautiful-looking steak should speak for itself in a dish!
Masala Skirt Steak
- 8 oz. Greensbury Organic Grass-Fed Skirt Steak
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- ½ c. tri-colored baby carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 1 TB garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ TB garam masala spice
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Lay the Greensbury skirt steak out flat on a cutting board. I suggest trimming away any large pieces of fat along the sides of the steak, but you can leave it as is. Slice the steak into approximate 2X1-inch pieces, and toss the pieces into a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl, and stir gently to make sure everything is coated evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and let your ingredients marinate for 4-6 hours. You can also prepare this in the morning and let it marinate until you come home from work for dinner.
- To cook, pour all the ingredients into a large skillet on medium-high heat. Give the skillet a stir every minute or so to avoid burning. Cook until the steak is done to your liking or about 5-7 minutes. If you’d like your steak to have a slight char, cook until all liquid evaporates plus an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the Masala Skirt Steak over rice, a spinach salad, or vegetables. I chose to serve mine over stewed fingerling potatoes, mm!
If you need a drink to accompany your dinner, I suggest a delicious glass of red wine! Greensbury delivers grass-fed beef, organic meat, and local seafood directly to your door in 1-4 days. You can buy individual cuts, or you can sign up for their subscription service!