Does Online Dating Work? – Absofreakinlutely
Whenever I tell people I date online, an apparent veil of incredulity washes over them as they invariably start to wonder “What’s wrong with her? What’s a perfectly awesome, beautiful woman doing looking for love online?”
Does Online Dating Work ? Oh, let me count the reasons!
7) There are a lot of awesome eligible singles online. It’s not just for the spinsters, nerds and socially awkward. Hello! I’m on there, too! Okay — maybe that’s not helping the case, but the truth is that there are a lot of cool people on there. It’s actually not much different from the general dating pool, except this sample tends to be computer literate.
6) It’s like catalog shopping! You get to put in the size, height, education (and whatever other requirements) and click-through the thumbnails until you find someone who strikes your fancy.
5) You can meet people you would have never met otherwise. Your circle is only so big and you may not necessarily want to date anyone in it. How many of the guys or girls in your circle dated someone you know? (Sloppy seconds, anyone?) How often do you really meet a brand new person in your circles? Online dating helps you cast a wider net.
4) You can tell whether they’re literate. Even if you don’t care whether they know the difference between their, there and they’re, the way they write gives you some indication of their interests, humor and personality.
3) It’s QUITE entertaining. If you have seen my instagram posts, I know you’ve had some legit “LOL” moments from the emails I’ve posted. To be fair, I do get lots of really great emails, but the bad ones are sooooo much funnier. Laughter is good for the soul, y’all!
2) It’s good practice. Paul Carrick Brunson said “Dating is an exploration of self.” Sometimes in order to know what you want, you have to figure out what you don’t want. Besides, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you have to put yourself out there. Not dating anyone now? Create new opportunities. The universe demands it.
And the number one reason is….
1) You can do it naked. You don’t HAVE to be naked, but you can. Or just wear pajamas… Point is, you don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home. No outfit, no makeup, no problem. Anything you can do naked is a good thing indeed!
These are just a few of the reasons to date online. Have any to add? What are you favorites? Leave your reasons to date online in the comments below.
Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work Does Online Dating Work