TASTEMAKERS – A Night of Art, Libations and Culinary Experiences
I was honored to be given the opportunity to be a judge at the TASTEMAKERS event that was held at the Young At Arts Museum in Davie. The selection of chefs and restaurants had me excited as to what was in store as soon as I walked in. If you have never been to the Young At Arts Museum, it’s definitely a must-go because you will feel like a kid again. It is a place where imagination, education and discovery meet in exciting and new ways. Now mix that with delicious food together with cocktails and you are definitely in for the perfect night.
Upon checking in and receiving my judging instructions, I headed towards a booth to start off with a cocktail. I decided on a vodka tonic made with Tito’s Handmade Vodka. The entrance had a fun photo booth and who doesn’t love props, it was only right to take some pictures. There was also a sitting area decorated by Ikea. Chic comfortable chairs to lounge in and enjoy the outside sampling before entering the main event. Once inside the artwork was unique and mesmerizing. Vendors lined up ready to entice the senses of all of the guests.
The following are the highlights of the evening:
- The interactive art display serving cocktails was so much fun! A pair of hands putting together drinks without seeing what they were doing.
- A ring toss game with a donation to win the bottle your ring lands on. A woman won 3 bottles in one attempt!
- Padrino’s Cuban Cuisine served up “bandejas” of all the latin favorites. Croquetas, queso frito, yuca, tostones, salami galore! In the same room there was a mini dance floor with a D.J. playing the hits.
- I was having the BEST cocktail I have ever sampled at the Collingwood Canadian Whiskey. I went back like 5 times and I’m not even exaggerating because they were just that perfect. You already know they got my vote for Favorite Beverage Station.
- Near the stage were the culinary contenders serving up their specialties. Roho Kitchen won my vote for Favorite Tasting Station most noteworthy for the tender meat with delicious sauce.
Congratulation to Collinwood Canadian Whiskey for winning Favorite Beverage Station and Roho Kitchen for winning Favorite Tasting Station!