Moore’s Marinades and Sauces – Honey BBQ Chipotle Taco Recipe
Written and photos by Jessica Lewandowski
I cannot tell you how excited I am, now that barbecue season is arriving! As a girl who loves her protein, I’ve been dreaming of spicy chicken wings, loaded burgers, saucy tacos, and cheesey buffalo dips. Moore’s Marinades and Sauces is all over that, and they sent me basically every sauce they’ve made.
Moore’s Marinades and Sauces offers an original marinade, which has a strong smokey and hickory flavor. It’s so versatile, though, that it’s good for marinating every type of meat you can get your hands on. They also have Teriyaki and Zesty Garden Herb marinades. What caught my eye immediately was their expansive line of wing sauces. There’s the traditional Hot Buffalo Sauce, but Moore’s also offers sauces like Blue Cheese Buffalo, Ranch Buffalo, Spicy Habanero, Asian, and, the star of today’s recipe, a Honey Barbecue.
I tasted a little bit of each wing sauce. The awesome part is that these sauces are far more capable than just offering something to toss you famous scratch made chicken wings in. In fact, you should check out the Moore’s Marinade and Sauces Recipes page, which is loaded with creative ideas for all of these flavorful bottles of yum.
I put together my own creative take on the Honey Barbecue Wing Sauce to create a Honey BBQ Chipotle Beef Taco recipe. This recipe will leave you with incredibly tender shredded beef that’s a little spicy, a little sweet, and extra saucy. Even better, it’s a slow cooker recipe, so you can spend more time enjoying the gorgeous weather with a drink in hand – I’m thinking mojitos!
Honey BBQ Chipotle Beef Tacos
Serves approx. 4
Chuck roast – 1.5-2 lbs.
Olive oil – 1 TB
Salt – 1 tsp.
Black pepper – 1 tsp.
Garlic powder – 1 tsp.
Onion powder – 1/2 tsp.
Cumin – 1/2 tsp.
Paprika – 1/2 tsp.
Ground cayenne pepper – 1/4 tsp.
Beef broth – 1/2 c.
Cooked bacon, chopped – 1/2 c.
Moore’s Honey BBQ Wing Sauce – 2 c.
Chipotle sauce – 1 TB
Shredded cheddar cheese – for garnish
Chopped cilantro – for garnish
Shredded cabbage – 2 c.
Red onion – 1/4 c.
Salt – 1/2 tsp.
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
Dill seed – 1/4 tsp.
Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp.
Mayonnaise – 1/4 c.
- Divide the olive oil and spices to rub them evenly into your chuck roast on both sides.
- Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker, and pour the beef broth over it.
- Cook the roast on high for 6 hours, or until the meat has become tender enough to shred apart. Use a pair of forks tear the chuck roast into shredded pieces.
- Stir in the chopped bacon, Moore’s Honey BBQ Wing Sauce, and chipotle sauce into the slow cooker.
- Cook the shredded beef for 1-2 more hours on low heat before serving.
- For the slaw, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap, and let it chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Spoon your Honey BBQ Chipotle Beef into corn tortillas. Top it with slaw, cheddar cheese, and a pinch of cilantro!