Hot Summer Happenings Throughout June in Orlando (Including Father’s Day!)
The temperature has officially reached scorching and Father’s Day is right around the corner. That can only mean one thing: Summer has offically arrived in Central Florida! The weather may be hot, but these upcoming events are nothing but cool. Check out the happenings around town throughout June in Orlando (and Tampa, too!).
June Events at the Polite Pig:
- National Bourbon Day on Thursday, June 14 – Bourbon’s celebration is already underway at The Polite Pig, part of Disney Springs Bourbon Trail. Available now through June 17, you can sip on theWinner’s Circle Cocktail ($11) featuring Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Pamplemousee grapefruit liqueur, and elderflower tonic, and pair it with our Southern Pig Sandwich ($12) with mouthwatering pulled pork, fennel-apple slaw, tangy mustard BBQ and Dukes mayonnaise.
- National Fried Chicken Day on Friday, July 6 – The summer food holiday munchie madness continues with our Smoked and Fried Chicken Sandwich ($12) with sweet and smoky BBQ, Duke’s mayo, pickles, romaine slaw that pays homage to this national favorite.
- National Mac & Cheese Day on Sunday, July 8 – It’s time to indulge in America’s favorite side dish with our uber-popular Mac & Cheese ($6), one of our ten market sides, featuring several vegetarian options for those looking to go meatless.
Courtesy of Joe Brooks Photography.
Father’s Day at The Rez Grill:
- The Rez Grill will open early on Sunday, June 17 for a special Father’s Day Brunch. From 11AM-7PM, enjoy a special brunch in addition to their regular dinner menu and brunch menu available all-day. Father’s Day brunch dish and cocktail highlights will include a la carte items such as the following:
- King Crab Benedict ($24) – House-made English Muffins, Sautéed Spinach, Applewood Bacon, King Crab and Tabasco Hollandaise
- Smoke and aPancake ($14) – Hudson Maple Creek Cask Rye, Chocolate Bitters, Vanilla Mist, Buttermilk Foam, Candied Bacon and an Arturo Fuente cigar
Father’s Day at Council Oak:
- On June 17, Council Oak Steaks & Seafood will be offering their regular dinner menu along with a la carte specials. Open from 5PM-10PM, specials will include:
- Potato-Fennell & Italian Sausage Bisque – ($13) Truffle Crème Fraîche, Chili Oil, Micro Scallion
- 60-Day Dry Aged Bone-In Prime Rib – ($110) Roasted Garlic Potato Purée, Truffle-Port Wine Demi-Glace
- Dark Chocolate Chip Banana Brioche Bread Pudding – ($12) Espresso Gelato, Nutella Crème Anglaise
National Lobster Day at The Rez Grill:
- Celebrate National Lobster Day on June 15 with The Rez Grill’s uber-popular Lobster Roll, made with Celery, Cucumber and served on a Brioche Bun ($24)
National Lobster Day at Council Oak:
- Celebrate at Council Oak with their signature Whole Lobster, served in Cold Water, Maine, Steamed or Broiled ($28 per pound)
NEW “Social Hour” menu at The Rez Grill:
- Debuting on Wednesday, June 6, the new “Social Hour” menu (available Wednesday – Saturday from 3PM-6PM at The Bar & Lounge) will feature mouth-watering $7 bites, cocktails and wines by the glass including:
- Smoked Trout Dip – Poblano-corn Vinaigrette, Tortilla Chips, Cilantro
- Benton’s Ham – House Biscuits, Cherry-Pepper Jam, Red Eye Aioli
- When We Were Young – House-made Sangria Blend, Fresh Fruit
- 1944 Mai Tai – Dark Rum, House-made Curacao
And… the “Summer Trio” at Council Oak is back!
- From now throughout the month of August, Council Oak Steaks & Seafood will begin serving their infamous “Summer Trio,” Sunday through Thursday from 5PM-7PM. The price is $75++ per person and menu highlights include:
- Roasted Tomato Bisque – Citrus-Crème Fraîche, Laudemio Olive Oil, Micro Basil
- Tourmedos of Filet – Wild Mushroom Gratin Crust, Crispy Potato Plank, Red Wine Demi-Glace
- Key Lime Pie Bar – Lemon Meringue, Graham Cracker Dust